Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dare To Wear Print

Dare to be printed2
Cacharel SS '11 dress, Chloé Silk-crepe jacket, Céline luggage bag,
Charlotte Olympia pumps, H&M accessories


        In my ideal and dream world, there would be endless reasons to own more printed tops and dresses and shoes! For the sake of stating the obvious, its just impractical to buy pieces that have busy prints, graphics, or just too much color. We have to maximize what we own and prints are not versatile enough for mixing and matching. Though mind you, they are definitely a conversation starter of two kinds; one is when they notice and hopefully adore your outfit and another is when   people specifically recall when you last wore it. Be wary of wearing these too often. I tend to be very particular on keeping tabs on my outfits and I believe that most people do too. I may be digressing here, so to get to the point,  Miuccia or Mrs. Prada is the inspiration for this month. She does not usually have a lot of pieces in a collection but a few pieces stuck with me. Ever since I saw that rose-printed tea dress from the Resort 2011 lookbook, justified my love for prints. And need I say more, of course the shoes and accessories are to die for.


It was also the idea of pairing pieces with different prints that got me the most. Looking at past collections, I was pretty sure its not only now that this concept graced the runways. They are generally more forgiving in pairing different prints.
Cacharel Fall 2010 RTW


 Dolce & Gabbana fall 2010 RTW                                                 

My inspiration board works on matching prints on prints or pairing a printed dress with colorbloc pumps and accessories. Also, I still have to gather enough courage and the right pieces to sport print-on-print outfits. The cardinal rule is to still have a unifying factor - usually a dominant color to tie in the various textures of your outfit. And please no stripe prints paired with checkered ones. This feat seems daring to me and I hope it looks way better on me than how I picture it in my head.

Would you dare to wear prints?

XOXO,
Marga


LIVE. FASHIONABLY.


No comments:

Post a Comment