1. Aqua, hot pink, purple, or even orange could be our own color-of-the-moment. And good news is- these can all be seen in this year’s collections. That right pop of color may just be what we need to spruce up our carried-over-from-last-season’s wardrobe.
Dries Van Noten
Viktor & Rolf
2. Height matters and these platform shoes and wedges will just give you that boost! Comfort should not be compromised and mind you designers are taking note of this. Chunky heels, front platforms, and wedges are the universe’s way of teaching us ‘how to walk in heels’. And feel good about it.
3. There’s no better way to make a comeback than to do it in nude. This season’s flats (and heels) are all about subdued glamour and ultra-feminine as they take on the nude and its hues. No more hardware, strong metals and the amazon/gladiator/warfare- feel that dominated last season’s catwalks and catalogues. This time around, we’re feeling romance and elegance - footwear that’s bound to make women sigh once again.
4. If you think that clogs are a thing of the ‘90s, think again! These wooden heels are returning this season with a vengeance – hotter and higher. We love the musky scent of leather and wood in men.But why stop there when we can have the perfect mix of leather, wood and heels right in our feet!
Jean Michel Cazabat
5. Shoes say a lot about the person or it simply reflects a woman’s taste. This season, there is ample variety for the woman of personality- flats, wedges, peep-toes, high heels, high high heels, etc., designed to flatter every woman’s strongest asset. That’s enough reason to stepping out and walking tall. It’s time to flaunt those ankles!
What's your shoe for this season?
Erika and Marga