Saturday, January 1, 2011

Standout pieces used to YOUR advantage



 
As they say, it’s a new year and a new day but before we look forward to what’s ahead, work on what you have and try to make the most out of it. Work (and flaunt) your assets! Check what best suits your skin tone, body type, and personality. Trends will always be there to guide us but never let it dictate your style. And as for me, I make sure I feature what I already have and that will even leave you less to worry about. Stick to those key pieces or looks that will work for you.

Since we’re on the topic, (ahem) I would try to appropriately flaunt my legs or highlight my brown skin with the right clothes and accessories. I loooooove classic pieces – a white shirt, black suit pants, a little black dress, etc., you name it, I’m pretty sure I have it somewhere. And yet I also never leave the house without any statement pieces (aka accessories). A men’s watch, the perfect drop earrings, or the right lipstick shade could definitely make an outfit or better yet your day!

When shopping or thinking of what to wear for the next day, I keep in mind this season’s hottest look and make sure I don’t lose myself in it. My little black dress, might be blue to yours OR while you prefer more adventurous colored or printed tops, I would rather have those for my shoes.

As of now, I’m very much looking forward to incorporating some of the looks and pieces from the Spring/Summer 2011 collections. I usually keep the mood light and easy. I completely adore outfits that don’t look too put together but definitely rocks. A nice little laced dressed paired with military-inspired pieces just seems to be THE Look I adore now.  

These what inspires me now, and I hope it does you too!

XOXO,
Marga
LIVE. FASHIONABLY.
Photos from Polyvore

No comments:

Post a Comment