Monday, January 31, 2011

V-Day Gift Guide

Valentines is just around the corner and I'm sure many of us are in the look-out for that perfect gift for our loved ones- it doesnt necessarily have to be our significant other.


This year, I'm planning to give all the special people in my life something small just to remind them how important they are. I've started my gift list pretty early and wanted to share with you all what I have been looking at... maybe you could find something here, or let me know what I could be missing! The theme of this year's gift list for me is something... practical. Yes, times are hard so let's deal with this wisely!


1) For Him-  I'd want it to be something he could use all the time to remember me by so it's a toss up between the things he needs:


1) Wallet, 2) Work Bag, 3) Shoes


I've already seen shoes he might like. Although he's been bugging me about a new work bag.

I indulged him and went to Marc Jacobs in Greenbelt and found one that would suit him pretty well.
It was perfect.. everything about it except for the price tag atleast. For Php 26,000 maybe he could be happy with a pair of shoes instead?

What ever happened to being practical?

MARC JACOBS SIMPLE LEATHER ROBBIE G
Don't you think it's so fash?

I'm feeling the Brown one but he's more of a Black guy.

This multi-purpose messenger-style bag includes three separate interior sections, a compartment with zip closure for a laptop, and an interior zip pocket. Made of very soft lamb leather with durable cow leather details. Snap closure exterior straps. Ships with dustbag. Measures 15 1/4" x 3" x 11 1/2". Available in Black and Mushroom.


2) For Her- It doesn't necessarily have to be for a significant other, it can be for your very best friend who was there for you during your most single self. This is for someone who made growing up a little bit easier.

I found a Marc Jacobs ring for Php 600 via the net and its such a steal!

MARC JACOBS STATEMENT RINGS



Internos means 'Between Us' in Latin. Woah. Deep.




Here are the others in case you're interested.
It's simple. Classic, yet definitely meaningful.


3) For Mom- What do you give someone who has everything?

Well my mom always has the need for pouches for her receipts, another one for her make-up, a separate one for her toilettries such as her toothpaste and toothbrush and yet another one for her tissue and hand sanitizer.

You could imagine. Yes, she also needs a huge bag.

Here's a hodge podge of pouches.

I've looked around and found that the Marc Jacobs Nylon pouch is actually the most practical. It's spacious and washable because it's Nylon. For Php 3,500 its not a bad deal either.

I 'm not sure what else she could put in yet another pouch but I'm guessing knwoing her, she'll find something.
Can anyone guess what else she's missing?
Personally, I think she'll put gum and candy. At her age, she's a candy addict. It's quite ironic considering she's a dentist. She claims that gum is actually good for your teeth if you chew it for a certain period of time.

Hmmm... I'm quite skeptical about this.
Marc Jacobs Nylon Graffiti pouch


So I think I should still go window shopping and see what else I could find.

Let me know if you have other suggestions!

Maybe I should have placed my own Wish List for V-day? (Hint hint!) I'm fairly easy to shop for actually but I never do ask for clothes...

XOXO,
Erika

LIVE.FASHIONABLY.


No comments:

Post a Comment